The Company Has 7 Manufacturing Units In India :
Technology Solution available –
Now days, almost all the developed countries, using common disinfection facility centres based on
Autoclave and Incineration technology. Such centres normally locate within a campus of hospital or
in a radius of approx. 100 kilometres of city limits. While carrying the Biomedical Waste from the
source to common facility centres, the hospital staff, patients, and labours are always at a high risk
of getting infected from these wastes. Though all the necessary precautions are taken by the
Authorities but still there is always a risk factor to Human life and its hazardous to environment as
Society for Applied Microwave Electronics and Engineering Research (S.A.M.E.E.R.); working as
autonomous Research & Development institution, under Ministry of Electronics and Information
Technology (M.E.I.T.), Government Of Republic of India, Developed indigenous technology, known as
Microwave based Disinfection System for hospital waste disposal at the source where it generates.
Among the various methods recommended for disposal of infectious waste viz. Incineration,
autoclaving, Microwave, deep burial etc.; Microwave offers many advantages. Microwave heating is
a molecular phenomenon. Microwaves heat the desired material directly without heating the
surrounding structure. Microwave energy penetrates and heats the entire material at nearly same
rate. Thus the heating is more uniform throughout the material and not entirely dependent on
thermal conductivity of the material. Because of this Microwave heating can do a job faster. Further,
after a predetermined heating cycle is over, infectious waste is converted into normal municipal
waste, which can be disposed off along with other waste.
It’s Patented Technology in the name of Society for Applied Microwave Electronics and Engineering
Research (S.A.M.E.E.R.); working as autonomous Research & Development institution, under
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (M.E.I.T.Y.), Government Of Republic of India.
Performance testing of the systems is done by Haffkine Institute, Mumbai, a Premier microbiological
test laboratory in the country.
Subsequently, the EFFICACY test was repeated with confirmation, in various Hospitals in India where
the machine underwent Beta test successfully.
Methods being used today, i.e., autoclaving, have many disadvantages compared to Microwave
based method. The most important parameters apart from other may be listed as under -
- Autoclaving is polluting and contaminated water is discharged in the process causing hazards to
- Autoclaving needs pressurised vessel giving rise to high risk of operation.
- Produce odour and steam which is again non friendly to environment.
We, M/s. ISLEWORTH TRADEKLINKS LIMITED, Bangalore, are the Exclusive PAN INDIA stockiest and
marketing partner with M/s DIGITAL SYSTEMS for the product (Microwave base biomedical waste
M/s DIGITAL SYSTEMS is a producer/Manufacturer exclusive License holder of the product/s with
technical capability and manufacturing facility for commercial production for which they have
received Manufacturing License for three years (13th June 2020) product patented & transfer of
Technology (TOT) from SAMEER (Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and
Research); An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Electronics and information technology,
Government of India.
World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged need for global awareness against hazards due to
various infectious parts.
- There is serious need for global awareness against hazards due to various infectious materials.
- Alarming situation: Improper and Hazardous disposal of Bio Medical Waste
- Danger of spreading of diseases like HIV, TB , Hepatitis - B
- Need of perfect solution for disinfection methods (at the point of creation)
- Government of India is addressing this initiative under “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”
Ministry of Environment & Forest (MoEF) has realised the serious hazards and threats of mishandling
or non-implementation of guidelines.
- MoEF has issued orders and insists on its strict enforcement of the Environment Protection Act and
achieve maximum disinfection of biomedical waste, at the point of source.
- Under Central Govt. Act - Sec 15(1) in the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, there is provision for
- Imprisonment up to 5 years, or
- Fine up to Rs 1,00,000, or
- Both, and
- Further failure - added fine of Rs 5,000/ day
It is mandatory as per law:
- To all organisations, who are generators of Bio medical waste, for pre-treatment of this waste at
the point of source.
- Ref. Bio medical waste Management Rules amended in March 2016 – Sr.No.7 (2) and Sr.No.8 (8)).
- The lab & infectious biomedical waste generated shall be pre-treated by equipment like Microwave
before sending to common waste biomedical waste treatment facility.
- The prescribed authority for implementation of these Rules shall be State Pollution Control Board
SAMEER: Scientific society for Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY)
- Developed indigenous technology, Microwave Disinfection System for hospital waste disposal.
- Digital Systems was part of the team during their sample production.
- Performance testing of the systems by Haffkine Institute, Mumbai
( Premier microbiological test laboratory in the country).
- Ministry of Electronics and IT, (DEITY), GoI, has recommended to promote this technology for
deployment in hospitals, health centres by mandating appropriate policy prescription
Microwave method is better of various methods for disposal of infectious waste like incineration,
deep burial, Autoclaving etc.,
- Microwave energy penetrates and heats the entire material uniformly.
- Microwave kills all microorganisms up to 107 log
- Microwave method converts infectious waste into Municipal waste
- Municipal waste is the one that can be handled by human beings
Easy to install: outside operation theatre, patient ward, Lab, OPD etc. i.e. At the point of bio medical
waste generation. It is very easy to operate.
- It is completely indigenous and Patented system.
- MicroDS is zero polluting and does not cause hazards to environment.
- Operates on Single Phase Electric Supply with low power requirement.
- It requires very low maintenance.
- Acquired NOC from Pollution Control Board.
- Please refer to catalogue for detail specifications.
ISLEWORTH TRADELINKS LTD along with Digital Systems is working in the field of implementation of
- Digital Systems Worked closely with SAMEER for this Project.
- Digital Systems is the license holder for manufacturing of Bio Medical Waste Disinfection System.
- Digital Systems is responsible for supply, installation, commissioning, Training and maintenance.
- Mitigation of Risk of Technology obsolescence: Additional Five Year Extended CMC (
Comprehensive Maintenance Contract)